2018 Kawasaki NINJA 1000 ABS
Stock Image: Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Graphite Gray
The Dream Combination
Modern aggressive styling with sharp and edgy lines makes it unmistakably Ninja®. The ultimate sport tourer infused with superbike technology makes it the Ninja 1000 ABS motorcycle. From the daily urban commute to back roads and 2-up touring, the Ninja 1000 ABS offers open-class thrills, everyday comfort and enhanced touring performance.
- Sharp Ninja® Styling: Front and side fairings with harder, sharper and edgier lines provide modern styling and improved wind protection; Front and rear turn signals are more integrated, contributing to the modern updated sportbike image; Dual LED headlights are lower profile and feature low and high beams that offer excellent brightness; Chin spoilers similar to those on the Ninja H2 and Ninja ZX-10R models strengthen the resemblance
- Power & Handling: Take on the streets with legendary Ninja® performance.
- All-Day Comfort: 5–position clutch lever can be adjusted to suit the size of the rider’s hands based on rider preference; Wider seat for the rider provides greater support and comfort while the longer, more thickly padded passenger seat helps prevent the passenger from sliding forward, providing enhanced comfort; Ergonomically sculpted passenger grips are easy to hold and naturally positioned; Adaptable, relaxed upright riding position is comfortable and optimized to accommodate a full range of riding situations
- Everyday Convenience: Mirrors are positioned 20mm farther outward and have a greater range of movement, offering easier adjustability; Digital display meter adds a gear position indicator, shift up indicator lamp and needle, LCD screen negative display, air temperature gauge as well as indicators for the IMU and KIBS; Clean-mount side case system allows KQR™ side cases* to be attached and removed easily for added convenience; DC power outlet (knock out) in dash area enables the addition of a DC power outlet to power devices/accessories* (*Sold separately as Kawasaki Genuine Accessory)
- Next Level Technology: Key enhancements bring Kawasaki Racing Team (KRT) WorldSBK championship-proven electronics management technology to the Ninja® 1000 ABS sportbike. This results in precise chassis orientation awareness that helps the rider adapt to a range of typical riding conditions and scenarios.
- Engine: 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 1,043cc
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0 x 56.0mm
- Compression ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel System: DFI® with 38mm Keihin throttle bodies (4) and oval sub-throttles
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive: Sealed Chain
- Electronic Rider Aids: Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC), Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS), Power Mode, Kawasaki Corner Management Function (KCMF)
- Rake / Trail: 24.5 deg./4.0 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload/4.7 in
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, remotely adjustable spring preload/5.7 in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire: 190/50 ZR17
- Front Brakes: Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount 4-piston monobloc calipers and ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper and ABS
- Frame Type: Aluminum backbone
- Overall Length: 82.7 in.
- Overall Width: 31.1 in.
- Overall Height: 46.7 / 48.6 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Seat Height: 32.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 516.0 lb.**
- Fuel Capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in.
- Color Choices: Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Graphite Gray, Metallic Matte Fusion Silver/Metallic Flat Spark Black
- Warranty: 12 Month Limited Warranty
- Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional): 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0 x 56.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI® with 38mm Keihin throttle bodies (4) and oval sub-throttles
- TCBI with digital advance
- 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive
- Sealed Chain
- Front Suspension
- 41mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload/4.7 in
- Rear Suspension
- Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, remotely adjustable spring preload/5.7 in
- Front Brakes
- Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount 4-piston monobloc calipers and ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper and ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- 190/50 ZR17
- 56.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in.
- 24.5 deg.
- 4.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 516.0 lb.
- Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Graphite Gray, Metallic Matte Fusion Silver/Metallic Flat Spark Black
- 12 Month Limited Warranty