2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
Rebate: Save $500.00 now until 6/30/2019
Watertown Power Sports
R World Is Calling
Legendary Yamaha superbike styling, advanced twin cylinder engine and ultra‑light chassis make it the bike of choice.
- All-New Styline: Featuring new bodywork and ergonomics inspired by the MotoGP® YZR-M1®, the 2019 YZF-R3® is sleeker, more aerodynamic and more refined than ever before.
- High-Revving Supersport Engine: Yamaha's championship-winning technology gives the YZF-R3 a broad spread of power with exciting high-rpm performance.
- Upgraded Suspension: The new inverted fork works with a Monocross rear shock to provide exceptional handling, with balanced chassis rigidity, a near 50/50 weight balance, and damping and spring settings designed for a wide range of road conditions
- Compact Chassis: With a fully-fueled weight of only 368 pounds and a seat height of only 30.7 inches, the YZF-R3 is ultra-light, nimble, and confidence inspiring—whether on tight city streets or wide-open racetracks.
- Practical Performance: A range of exclusive technologies ensures the YZF-R3 combines Yamaha's legendary refinement and reliability with thrilling performance, all while sipping fuel at a efficient 56 mpg.
New for 2019 Features
- Ultimate Lightweight Supersport: The all-new YZF-R3 features a range of features to boost performance, quality and style. Sleek new bodywork echoes Yamaha's YZR-M1 MotoGP® machine, with high-tech LED lighting and new instruments. A new inverted fork offers enhanced suspension feel and feedback. The lower fuel tank and revised handlebar position improve rider ergonomics. And new Dunlop® radial tires boost grip and road feel.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: 321cc liquid-cooled, inline 2-cylinder engine delivers excellent power and performance throughout the rpm range. With a 180-degree crank design and integrated counterbalancer, the layout minimizes vibrations for a smooth, refined engine character.
- High-Revving Engine Architecture: With a compression ratio of 11.2:1, double overhead cams (DOHC) and four-valve cylinder heads, the YZF-R3 motor is designed for quick-revving performance and high-rpm efficiency to deliver an exciting ride and broad spread of power.
- Six-Speed Transmission: A smooth-shifting six-speed gearbox ensures the rider always has the right ratio, whether riding through tight canyon corners or racetrack straightaways.
- Modern Fuel Injection: Downdraft induction fuel injection system provides easy starting, excellent fuel economy, and responsive performance in all conditions.
- Advanced Cylinder Construction: Yamaha's unique all-aluminum DiASil cylinder is used to ensure excellent heat dissipation, with an innovative offset cylinder design that reduces horsepower loss and improves both power and fuel efficiency.
- Strong and Lightweight Pistons: Forged aluminum pistons—the same technology used for the YZF-R1® and YZF-R6®—means lighter weight and excellent strength at higher temperatures, ensuring reliability at higher rpm.
- Compact Exhaust System: Short muffler design features modern styling and helps to centralize mass, improving agility for ultra-responsive handling.
- All-New Inverted Front Fork: For 2019, the YZF-R3 features an all-new inverted fork with optimized spring and damping settings. The inverted design allows the greater surface area for the sliding tube, significantly improving fork rigidity for sporty front-end feel and feedback without losing real-world comfort. The new fork design also includes an YZR-M1-inspired top clamp for improved supersport style.
- Monocross Rear Shock: The centrally-mounted single shock design centralizes mass and is tuned to strike a balance between ride comfort and sporty performance, making it capable across a wide range of uses, from urban commuting to trackdays.
- Plush, Controlled Suspension: 41mm KYB® front suspension offers 5.1 inches of travel for rider comfort and control, while a preload-adjustable rear shock allows tuning for passenger and cargo.
- Sportbike-Spec Wheels and Tires: 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels with light hollow axles are both strong and stylish while minimizing unsprung weight for refined handling performance. For 2019, new Dunlop® radial tires offer enhanced grip and feedback, too.
- All-New R-Series Styling: The R3 features all-new bodywork that continues the legendary styling born from the YZR-M1 MotoGP® machine. Up front, the glaring face of the R3 features new LED headlights and a central air duct that works with the cross-layered fairing panels to maximize cooling airflow for the engine. Overall, the new body not only boosts refined styling from every angle, it is significantly more aerodynamic at high speeds, too.
- Redefined Sportbike Ergonomics: Thanks to lower fuel tank design and lowered handlebars, the rider is able to more naturally grip the machine for improved confidence, especially when tucking aggressively behind the updated windscreen on the racetrack.
- LED Lighting: Thanks to the engine placement and overall machine dimensions, the YZF-R3 features a near 50/50 front/rear weight distribution for enhanced performance and road feel.
- New Digital Instrumentation: The updated multi-function meter informs the rider of gear position, fuel capacity, real time and average fuel economy, water temp, clock and an oil change trip meter—all presented in a clean, modern layout.
- Engine Type: 321cc liquid-cooled, DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 8 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Inverted telescopic fork; 5.1 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Monocross single shock, adjustable preload; 4.9 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: 298mm hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 110/70-17 Dunlop® Sportmax® GPR-300
- Tires / Rear: 140/70-17 Dunlop® Sportmax® GPR-300
- L x W x H: 82.3 in. x 28.7 in. x 44.9 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 6.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 56 mpg
- Wet Weight: 368 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 8 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed; multiplate clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic fork; 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Monocross single shock, adjustable preload; 4.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- 298mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 110/70-17 Dunlop® Sportmax® GPR-300
- Rear Tire
- 140/70-17 Dunlop® Sportmax® GPR-300
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 3.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 368 lb.
- Matte Black, Team Yamaha Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)